Hello All.
I know it has been a while.
Today I got my year-review. My two-year anniversary, was May 16th - and I just got it, today, June 10, but that is another story.
A lot of my last post still applies.
But today, in my year-review my boss had about 10 positive things to say about me, and 2 negative things.
Negative:
1. My attitude, I need to work on not acting so overwhelmed.
2. Organization - need to file photos so people know where to find them when I am gone.
I addressed the 'attitude' comment, we talked about it - and I let him see my point of view. (the attitude adjustment is what he was referring to in my last post.)
Positive:
1. Hard-working, friendly, easy to work w/
2. Outstanding photographer
3. Knows her job and knows how to get things done on time or early.
4. Patient - able to work w/ sensitive assignments
5. Writing skills have improved
(and there were a few more) :)
He said he 'Wouldn't trade me for anything', 'I belong here', 'I am a perfect fit for the newsroom', and 'i'm the best photographer he's seen at the paper for the last 15 years'.
But the icing on the cake follows. We did this whole series of special sections last summer. I spent hundreds & hundreds of hours taking photos of these veterans.
We got the judges comments back from recent contests, he was expecting them to commend him on all of his hard work, his great idea, his leadership, his knowledge etc etc --- instead, in the 1/2 page area allotted for judges' comments it said 2 words.
"Photos - Wow!"
hahahahahahaha! I win.
3 comments:
Congratulations, m'dear. You must be thrilled :)
That must feel good, huh? :)
Mom said that you won some award(s) at the conference too... which did you win? She said she didn't get to see your pics so she didn't know which it/they was/were, just that she heard your name.
eeeeeeee! that's just awesome. it's so nice (and important) to feel appreciated at work.
Post a Comment