So recently, I was checking how much it would cost to move cross country.
Specifically - from here to Georgia, just in case ;)
I went to a popular moving company's website to get a quote. They had me fill out a form w/ my info on it. The only way to get a 'quote' was to be contacted by a representative.
However -since this is a reputable company, that everyone has heard of - I didn't mind one bit.
That was last night.
This morning, I woke up with 96 spam emails from every moving co. in the country.
By noon, I had 8 voicemails on my phone.
I recieved a spam email every 5 minutes for most of the day.
I was like WTF!?! So I went back to the website to investigate, and at the way bottom of the page, in small print, there is a little box that says : "Do you want us to share your information w/ our affiliates" - and it is automatically checked.
Well, I did not see that - and that is why I got flooded w/ SPAM.
That's a BIG OOPS on my part!
The moral though, is that it is crazy expensive to move across the country. All of the jobs that I (have) applied for do not offer relocation assistance. So that will be part of a negotiation, and we will cross the bridge when it comes, if it comes :)
Happy Tuesday.
1 comment:
oh, that sucks! i've never filled out one of those forms to get moving estimates. mostly because i've never been a position where i could have afforded to have someone else move me, and partly because i was afraid something like that (a flood of spam) might happen.
Post a Comment